Incredible location, capturing the ambiance of an Atherton estate, yet in a premier location in Menlo Park-just blocks to top private schools and downtown shops and restaurants. This property is comprised of two separate parcels and each sold separately. When combined this is Menlo Park’s largest residential lot at just over two acres. Beyond the rare and extraordinary land awaits a spectacular home along with the opportunity to add recreational amenities and even additional homes to create a family compound. The second parcel (priced separately) is located at the front entrance and could be developed as an entirely separate property.
The superior quality of the residence is undeniable. Reimagined by renowned Pacific Peninsula Architecture this three-story masterpiece is introduced by a fully circular driveway and continuing out to vast rear grounds with endless possibilities. The entire ambiance is chic sophistication with exceptionally bright and light interiors complemented by matte-finished white oak floors.
Grand formal rooms are introduced off the entrance, opening to front and rear terraces for al fresco enjoyment. All around, the millwork is exceptional with detailed architectural ceilings and layers of crown and wall moldings. A tremendous kitchen and family room combination is a triumph of design ready for everyday living brightened by four skylights in the towering ceiling and French doors opening to the grounds on three sides. The kitchen is stunning with new Calacatta Lincoln marble counters, including an island with seating, plus a suite of Wolf, Miele, and Sub-Zero appliances. A large casual dining area with built-in desk center is set to one side while a fully customized mud room on the opposite side offers exceptional functionality and secondary access to the lower level.
Today’s work-from-home needs are easily accommodated by the customized office situated just off the foyer and easily expanded, if needed, into the adjacent bedroom suite with adjoining flexible-use room. Including this suite, there are 5 bedrooms, each with en suite bath. The primary suite is located upstairs – an exceptional retreat with sitting room, couture closet, and spa-inspired bath. Three additional bedroom suites are just down the hall.
The unfinished lower level, with towering ceilings and numerous windows, awaits your own personal vision with more than 2,400 square feet for recreation, theatre, and fitness – or whatever your lifestyle choices may be. Adding the finishing touch are behind-the-scenes amenities including multi-zoned air conditioning, Nest thermostats, a distributed sound system, and programmable lighting. Outside, the grounds are entirely level with space that opens the imagination to endless possibilities in this enchanting park-like setting. Plus, this home is just two blocks from downtown conveniences on Santa Cruz Avenue and close to excellent Menlo Park public and private schools.
1340 Arbor Road | $26,499,000
1320 Arbor Road | $7,850,000
Summary of Home:
- Extraordinary estate home on Menlo Park’s largest residential lot just two blocks from downtown
- Approximately 2.06 acres (90,046 sf)
- 1320 Arbor Road: 0.57 acre (25,142 sf)
- 1340 Arbor Road: 1.49 acres (64,904 sf)
- Potential to build additional homes to create a family compound or separate property and/or to add multiple recreational amenities such as a pool and tennis court
- Perfectly situated for maximum privacy down a long gated driveway and oriented to the seemingly endless rear grounds
- Built in 2012 and moved from its original location on the lot in 2018, at which time the unfinished lower level was added with work done by Pacific Peninsula Architecture
- 5 bedrooms, office, 5 full baths, and 2 half-baths on two levels plus new unfinished lower level
- Approximately 9,397 total square feet
- Main home: 6,228 sf
- Unfinished lower level: 2,422 sf
- 3-car garage: 747 sf
- Refinished white oak floors with a natural matte finish; new carpet in the bedrooms
- Living room with coffered ceiling and wall moldings, masonry fireplace, and French doors to the rear grounds
- Formal dining room has wainscot paneling and two sets of French doors to the front terrace
- Stunning kitchen with new Calacatta Lincoln marble counters and island with seating
- Appliances include a Wolf double range, two Miele dishwashers, and Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Family room fully open to the kitchen has multiple French doors to the grounds, gas-log fireplace, and towering ceiling with four skylights and halo chandelier
- Dedicated office with built-ins on two walls, including workstation and entire wall of library shelves; French doors open to the rear grounds
- Main-level multi-room suite with outside entrances, bedroom with walk-in closet and en suite bath with shower plus adjoining flex-use room with wet bar and laundry hookups
- Upstairs primary suite has a customized closet room, bedroom with three balconettes, and en suite limestone bath with skylight, dual-sink vanity, soaking tub, large shower, and private commode room
- Three additional bedroom suites, one with balcony and each with en suite bath (one with shower and two with tub and overhead shower)
- Unfinished lower level with lofty ceilings, windows, two access points, and multiple defined spaces with potential for a variety of lifestyle needs, including recreation, theatre, and fitness
- Other features: formal half-bath; kitchen half-bath; customized mud room and adjoining laundry room with washer and dryer; upstairs laundry room with sink and washer and dryer; dual-zone air conditioning; Nest thermostats; distributed sound system; programmable lighting; slate tile roof; attached over-height 3-car garage
- Two blocks to downtown Menlo Park
- Excellent Menlo Park public and private schools