Offering unparalleled distinction, this estate-quality property was built in 2007 and beautifully updated in just the past two years. The home’s Mediterranean style is immediately apparent with its tiled roof and front walls of stone defining the impressive entrance beyond manicured gardens and an iron gate. Inside, the timeless allure combines the consummate appeal of modern luxury with European elegance for the quintessential California lifestyle. The property is sophisticated and spacious for hosting gatherings of any size, yet decidedly warm and welcoming for everyday living.
Hand-hewn hardwood or travertine tiles finish the floors of every room, graceful arches span room openings, and elaborate stonework in the foyer creates a passageway leading past the wine cellar. Arranged over two levels, lavish amenities are plentiful, including 5 fireplaces indoors, all new lighting and window coverings, plus a stunning remodeled all-white kitchen that is fully open to the family room.
Four sumptuous bedrooms are found on the upper level along with a large finished bonus room with flexible use for play, office, or media use. The primary bedroom suite looks out to the western hills and has a luxurious bath and large customized walk-in closet. There is also an attached 3-car garage with one bay currently used for the perfect fitness center.
Outside, the grounds are perfectly appointed for resort living with a pool and spa with waterfall wall, synthetic lawn, fruit trees/flower garden, and patio with fire pit. But the loggia is certain to be the primary outdoor living space with its fireplace, on-wall media in two places, built-in heaters and fan, plus a full barbecue kitchen with bar seating. Completing the appeal of this very special property is its premier location less than one mile from all the acclaimed schools and only one mile to downtown amenities on University and Santa Cruz Avenues.
- Magnificent Mediterranean estate home with resort-like grounds
- Excellent location just one mile to downtown shops and restaurants, blocks to elementary and middle school
- 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with approximately 4,008 sq. ft. in total including bonus room of approx. 490 sq. ft. (3,558 sq. ft. without bonus space)
- Built in 2007 and numerous updates completed in the past two years, including an all-white designer kitchen plus all lighting and window coverings
- Custom iron and ribbon glass front doors and side lights
- 25-foot-tall foyer with limestone and wood floor in a parquet pattern; custom iron and glass door with grapevine theme opens to a wine cellar
- Hewn hardwood floors extend throughout the main living areas
- Formal living room with tiered glass chandelier and fireplace with carved stone mantelpiece
- Stone columns frame the entrance to the formal dining room with linear chandelier
- Newly updated all-white kitchen has marble-style quartz counters and subway-set white tile backsplashes; wraparound breakfast bar easily accommodates seating for 6 plus center island with counter seating and separate casual dining area
- Appliances include Wolf gas range with griddle and pot filler, GE microwave and wine cooler, Bosch dishwasher and two Fisher & Paykel drawers, and Sub-Zero refrigerator; instant hot water at the main farmhouse sink and filtered water at secondary sink
- Family room fully open to the kitchen with gas-log fireplace beneath media plus additional on-wall media; sliding glass doors open to the rear grounds
- Upstairs primary suite with foyer, customized walk-in closet, plus lighted fan and gas fireplace in the bedroom; en suite travertine bath has a gas fireplace, vanity with two copper sinks, large frameless-glass shower, jetted/air jet tub, and private commode room
- Three additional bedrooms, each with lighted fan and wooden shutters
- Upstairs bath has a long vanity with two copper sinks and separate room with jetted tub and overhead shower
- Large flexible-use bonus room has steeply pitched ceiling, dormer windows and side window with shutters, engineered wood floors, and separate heating and cooling
- Upstairs laundry room with sink and Samsung washer and dryer
- Customized mudroom and attached 3-car garage with extensive built-ins; one bay currently used for a fitness center with media wiring
- Loggia with three heaters, fan, and fireplace beneath media wiring; a full barbecue kitchen at one end includes counter seating, barbecue, refrigerator, sink, stainless steel storage, and on-wall media wiring
- Synthetic lawn and separate patio with large fire pit
- PebbleTec pool and spa with waterfall feature wall
- Other features: powder room; Nest thermostats; Ring doorbell; dual-zone air conditioning; new window coverings, including white wooden shutters; new lighting; security system; central vacuum; sound speakers inside and out; front and rear landscape lighting; hard-wired high speed internet throughout
- Excellent Los Gatos schools