A sleek contemporary aesthetic and exceptional panoramic views from what is possibly the highest point in all of Menlo Park are hallmarks of this extraordinary home. Elevated at the end of a cul-de-sac in desirable Sharon Heights, the home spans three levels plus a tremendous rooftop terrace with breathtaking views out to the San Francisco Bay and around to the western hills. The terrace serves as an outdoor living room wrapped entirely with clear-glass railings for unobstructed views, warmed by a fire pit, and plumbed for a spa and shower.
The home begins with a unique outdoor venue beyond double doors flanked by open-weave decorative steel panels that can be concealed remotely for nighttime privacy. A deck, water features, and tropical foliage combine for a Zen ambiance that opens through double sliding glass doors to the main home for seamless indoor/outdoor living. Hardwood and slate floors exude contemporary panache along with a vertebrae staircase lined in clear glass connecting all three levels. The recessed living room is a grand two-story space with a focal-point fireplace shared with the rear deck and continuous walls of glass that wrap around to the elevated formal dining room and into the kitchen. Every finish – surfaces, lighting, and cabinetry – is sleek and modern. Wood-grain cabinetry is showcased in the kitchen along with an entire suite of all Miele appliances providing the ultimate culinary experience. Two bedrooms, one with en suite bath, and one ideal for an office, round out the main level.
Upstairs, a glass-lined bridge walkway leads to the primary suite, which has a private Bay view balcony and full staircase to the rooftop terrace. The en suite bath is a luxurious retreat with steam shower and deep tub, plus there is a significant walk-in closet with natural light. Two additional bedrooms, each with walk-in closet and en suite bath and one with private front balcony, complete this level. Rounding out the accommodations is the lower level designed for recreation and media use with surround sound and a large lightwell patio for fresh air enjoyment or 5th bedroom optionality. A sealed and finished closet with shelving offers wine cellar potential, while a full bath and access to the attached 2-car garage with EV charging provide convenience.
Behind the scenes, every amenity needed for ease and comfort is found with features like home automation, programmable lighting, Sonos sound, security and surveillance, and more. Plus, radiant heated floors throughout add comfort underfoot. Sleek contemporary luxury, unrivaled vistas, and minutes to Stanford University and Sand Hill Road venture capital centers – this is a Menlo Park home like no other.
- Masterfully constructed in 2017 with sleek modern style
- Three levels plus rooftop terrace with possibly the highest point in all of Menlo Park presenting exceptional panoramic views to the San Francisco Bay and around to the western hills
- Approximately one-third acre (14,700 sf) with vast level rear yard, spacious decks, and sport court area
- 5 bedrooms and 5.5 baths
- Approximately 4,362 square feet of indoor living space plus rooftop terrace of approximately 300 square feet
- Steel-framed arbor above double front doors flanked by decorative open-weave steel panels with electronic retractable blinds for privacy; the courtyard has decking, water features, and tropical foliage
- Dramatic two-story living room with focal-point two-way gas fireplace shared with the rear deck; clerestory windows encircle the room, all with remote-controlled blinds
- Elevated dining room with two entire walls of glass opens to the rear terrace; a cluster of glass pendants hangs in the center
- Stylish modern kitchen with wood-grain cabinetry, including waterfall-wrapped island with seating, topped in white quartz with honeycomb tile backsplashes; walk-in pantry, desk center, and sliding glass doors to the arbor-covered terrace
- Stainless steel appliances, all by Miele, include gas range with oven, speed oven, convection oven, 2 dishwashers, and refrigerator/freezer
- Main-level bedroom suite with front courtyard access, walk-in closet, and bath with curbless shower; additional bedroom with closet ideal for an office
- Upstairs primary suite with private view balcony, organized walk-in closet with windows, and en suite bath with steam shower, dual-sink vanity, fully automated commode, and deep tub
- Full outdoor staircase leads from the primary suite balcony to the spacious rooftop terrace with clear glass railings, fire pit, and 360-degree views; plumbing is in place for a spa and shower, if desired
- Two additional upstairs bedrooms, one with private balcony and each with en suite bath (one with tub and overhead shower and one with shower)
- Lower-level recreation/media room with surround sound, large sealed closet with wine cellar potential, and bath with shower
- Other features: powder room; laundry/mud room with sink and LG washer/dryer; attached 2-car garage with EV charging; radiant-heated floors; home automation system; Nest thermostats; video front doorbell; security and surveillance; multi-zone air conditioning; Sonos sound inside and out; Lutron programmable lighting; automated window blinds in some rooms