This classic ranch home exudes timeless appeal combined with fresh updates in the desirable Flood Park neighborhood, putting both downtowns Palo Alto and Menlo Park within easy reach. Ready to move in and enjoy today, this home also presents a wonderful opportunity to remodel, expand or even build new on this rare and spacious lot of more than one-quarter acre.
The one-story home begins with freshly updated low-maintenance landscaping beneath the shade of mature trees, plus carport parking for two. The newly painted exterior in crisp white is complemented by an ebony black door and new matching lighting. Continue inside to newly painted interiors in a soft neutral palette plus hardwood floors that continue throughout most of the home. A parquet pattern is showcased in the living room, where a brick fireplace enhances the ambiance and recessed shelves display collectibles or books. The formal dining room has updated recessed lighting, of-the-era crown moldings, and a narrow bank of windows for added natural light.
The kitchen is updated with granite counters providing a subtle contrast to the all-white cabinetry and includes convenient breakfast bar seating. Appliances include a smooth-surface electric cooktop, oven, adjacent refrigerator and dishwasher. Just off the kitchen is a laundry room with washer and dryer and adjoining vintage tiled bath with shower.
There are 3 bedrooms, one with rear yard access and one with en suite bath with tub and overhead shower and of-the-era tile finishes. The hallway bath is similarly finished and has a tub with overhead shower and glass block detail with integrated window for ventilation. Each bathroom has updated mirrored cabinet storage above a single-sink vanity.
Completing the home is an extra-deep rear yard that awaits your vision for the future. Just down the street, Flood Park offers recreation and picnics, and 10 minutes away is Stanford Shopping Center and downtown Palo Alto, plus it is just 10 minutes to Meta headquarters via bike bridge over Highway 101. This home is also served by excellent Menlo Park schools.
Summary of the Home
- Freshly updated circa 1948 home
- Ready to move in, expand or excellent opportunity to remodel or build new
- Lot size of approximately 12,250 square feet (0.281 acres)
- Desirable neighborhood just one block from Flood Park
- Freshly painted inside and out and hardwood floors in most rooms
- 3 bedrooms and 3 baths; approximately 1,540 square feet
- Living room with fireplace and glass doors to the rear yard
- Formal dining room with updated recessed lighting
- Granite-finished kitchen with adjoining laundry room and full bath with shower
- Primary bedroom suite with tiled bath including tub with overhead shower
- Two additional bedrooms and hall bath with vintage tile and tub with overhead shower and glass block detail
- Extra-deep rear yard with spacious concrete patio
- 10 minutes to shops and restaurants on University Avenue in Palo Alto and to Meta headquarters via bike bridge
- Excellent Menlo Park schools