This contemporary home built in 2013 is one of just 3 detached homes in this small community. The home is set back from the street in privacy and only one block from downtown. The style is sleek and modern emphasized by the horizontal wood plank exterior and standing seam metal roof. The freshly painted interiors are complemented by refinished European white oak floors which span each level, connected by an open staircase with center carpet and streamlined white balustrade railing. A great room provides for every living need with gourmet kitchen, space for dining, plus living area – all beneath a towering vaulted ceiling with recessed lighting. A wide sliding glass door opens to the wraparound side and rear gardens with ample private space for outdoor living and gardening. In the living/dining area, an elevated electric fireplace is set beneath a media-wired niche and above a raised hearth with added seating beneath tall windows plus built-in storage drawers.
The kitchen is beautifully appointed with Shaker-style maple cabinetry topped in a light hue of granite slab, including an island with breakfast/wine bar seating. Subway-set white tiled backsplashes and two modern pendants over the island tie it all together along with stainless steel Thermador appliances that include a gas cooktop, microwave, oven, and dishwasher, plus a KitchenAid refrigerator. Built-in wine bottle and case storage is conveniently integrated and on display beneath the stairs. Rounding out the main level is a bedroom, ideal for guests, a significant expanse of built-in cabinetry in the adjacent hallway, plus a well-appointed bathroom with granite-topped vanity and glass-enclosed tub with overhead shower.
Located upstairs are two additional bedrooms, each with en suite bath. The primary suite has a built-in makeup vanity just outside of the customized walk-in closet plus an en suite bath with dual-sink marble vanity, deep tub, frameless glass-enclosed shower, and private commode room. The second bedroom suite is currently customized for a home office with entire wall of custom cabinetry integrating two workstations, a large closet, plus en suite limestone bath with frameless-glass shower. Each bedroom has a tall vaulted ceiling and recessed lights. Adding the finishing touches are a main-level laundry area with full-size LG washer and dryer, attached 1-car garage, Ring video front doorbell, and central air conditioning. With an outstanding location, access to excellent schools, and like-new construction, this is a wonderful place to call home in downtown Menlo Park.
Summary of Home:
- Two-story detached single-family home, 1 of 3 in a small community built in 2013
- Located in the middle of the community with complete privacy
- 3 bedrooms and 3 baths on two levels with custom designer finishes throughout
- Sleek contemporary style with horizontal wood-planked exterior and standing seam metal roof
- Refinished European white oak floors and new paint throughout plus tall vaulted ceilings with recessed lighting in most rooms
- Spacious great room for living, dining, and kitchen with sliding glass door to wraparound private side and rear gardens
- Well-appointed maple and granite kitchen with island seating
- Stainless steel Thermador appliances, including gas cooktop, oven, microwave, and dishwasher plus KitchenAid refrigerator
- Main-level bedroom and adjacent bath with shower
- Upstairs primary suite with customized walk-in closet and en suite bath with dual-sink vanity, tub, shower, and private commode room
- Second upstairs bedroom suite currently customized for a home office
- Concealed main-level laundry with LG washer and dryer
- Ring front doorbell; central air conditioning
- Approximately 1,632 square feet of living space
- Ample private space for outdoor living and gardening
- attached 1-car garage, plus off-street parking
- Just one block to downtown Menlo Park
- Excellent Menlo Park schools