This home recalls the early architectural heritage of Palo Alto yet was newly built in 1996. The distinctive Tudor style is exemplified by its half-timbering, diamond-patterned leaded glass windows, and natural brick façade at the entrance. Free-flowing white roses and drought tolerant plantings complement the design and a gently curving brick path in herringbone pattern invites you in. Hardwood floors and matching millwork, along with some floors in sleek limestone tiles, maintain the home’s architectural character, complemented by recessed lighting and a soft neutral palette. The living room showcases a towering exposed-beam cathedral ceiling and a focal-point fireplace flanked by the signature leaded-glass windows. The adjoining dining room offers a formal venue with ample room for entertaining.
The kitchen is beautifully appointed with honed and leathered marble counters and mini mosaic marble tile backsplashes that add designer style. An island provides preparation space and a large breakfast area gives way to the family room, an inviting space with fireplace, library storage, built-in desk – perfect for today’s work-from-home needs – and sliding glass doors to the yard.
Upstairs, there are three newly carpeted, with wool Berber, bedrooms and two baths, including the primary suite with cathedral ceiling, custom cabinetry and closet space, and en suite marble bath with jetted tub and glass-enclosed shower. Adding to the accommodations is the lower level with flexible-use space accessed via convenient elevator or outside staircase. Finished with multiple rooms and storage space, all with travertine floors, this area is ideal for fitness, office needs, guest room and wine cellar potential.
Finishing touches include a Ring front doorbell, Nest thermostats, air conditioning, and a very private rear yard with large deck and low-maintenance gardens. Located in the heart of Community Center on the edge of the Crescent Park neighborhood, this home is just one block from Rinconada Park, short blocks to Eleanor Pardee Park, and has access to acclaimed Palo Alto schools.
Summary of the Home
- Premier Community Center address just one block from Rinconada Park
- Built in 1996 with classic Tudor style
- 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, plus flexible-use lower level accessed via elevator or outside staircase
- Hardwood or travertine floors throughout the main and lower levels; new wool Berber carpet upstairs
- Living room with fireplace and adjoining formal dining room
- Gourmet marble kitchen, casual dining area, and family room opening to the rear yard
- Thermador gas cooktop, oven, and steam oven; Bosch dishwasher; Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Upstairs primary bedroom suite with marble bath, jetted tub, and large shower
- Two upstairs bedrooms served by a bath with tub and overhead shower
- Lower-level flex space with travertine floors, two rooms, and ample storage space; access via elevator or outside staircase
- Attached 1-car garage plus awning-covered parking behind gates
- Very private rear yard with Japanese maple, large deck, and low-maintenance gardens
- 5,000 square-foot lot and approximately 2,640 interior square feet
- Excellent Palo Alto schools
- Close to Stanford University and Sand Hill Road venture capital centers