Tucked away on a quiet lane off the most desirable block in all of Menlo Park is this newer home completed in 2014. Wrapped around the corner with lushly planted gardens and refined hardscape, the home presents impressive, traditional architecture. The interiors span three spacious levels, all unified with fine hardwood floors. The floor plan is perfectly suited to today’s needs beginning with a private office just off the foyer and extending beyond the formal dining room to a tremendous great room with focal-point circular chandelier, fireplace, and stacking wall of glass doors to the rear grounds where a fountain urn, eco-friendly synthetic lawn, and soothing spa await fresh-air living. The kitchen is a masterpiece in soft hues of white with breakfast bar island, butler’s pantry, and large casual dining area, along with high-end stainless steel appliances.
Personal accommodations, comprising 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, and 3 half-baths, begin with a main-level primary suite and stunning marble bath with curbless shower for two. The upper level has the perfect distance learning center for two plus two bedrooms, each with en suite bath. The fourth bedroom is privately located on the lower level and served by a spa bath with steam shower convenient to the dedicated fitness center. Rounding out the lower level is a huge recreation room with full bar and array of appliances, temperature-controlled wine cellar, plus a media area with retractable cinema screen and surround sound speakers. Fresh-air patios extend from the fitness center and bedroom, and a large patio with stairs to the rear grounds is found off the media room.
Completing this classic home are two laundry rooms, custom organizers in all closets, and an attached 2-car garage with lifts for 2 additional cars. The home’s premier location puts top-rated public and private schools close at hand, as well as all the amenities of downtown Santa Cruz Avenue just one-half mile away.
Summary of the Home
- 4 bedrooms, office, 4 full baths, and 3 half-baths on 3 levels
- Approximately 5,047 square feet on almost one-quarter acre (10,235 square feet)
- Beautifully landscaped corner lot with bluestone walkways and walled front patio
- Travertine tiled foyer and hardwood floors throughout the rest of the home
- Dedicated office with custom built-ins and banquette seating
- Formal dining room across from the great room with stacking glass doors to the rear yard, fireplace, and tall ceiling with circular candle chandelier
- Fabulous kitchen in soft white hues has marble slab counters, glazed tile backsplashes, skylight, island with counter seating, butler’s pantry, plus large breakfast area with doors to the rear grounds
- Appliances include a BlueStar gas range, Thermador oven, microwave, and warming drawer, 2 Miele dishwashers, 2 Sub-Zero freezer drawers, and 2 Sub-Zero refrigerator drawers
- Main-level primary suite has a gas fireplace, extensively customized walk-in closet, and en suite bath with mosaic floor, curbless shower for two, dual-sink vanity, heated towel bars, and automated commode in a private room
- Upstairs distance learning center for two plus two bedrooms, each with en suite bath (one with shower and one with tub and overhead shower)
- Lower-level recreation room, media area with retractable cinema screen and surround sound, and full bar with Dacor microwave and warming drawer, U-Line icemaker, KitchenAid dishwasher, and full-size Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer
- Temperature-controlled and customized wine cellar
- Fitness center with cushioned flooring and mirrored walls, spa bath with steam shower and heated floor, plus separate bedroom
- Other features: 2 half-baths on main level and 1 on lower level; laundry room with sink and Electrolux washer/dryer; lower-level laundry closet; attached 2-car garage with 2-car lift; multi-zone air conditioning; distributed sound speakers; Aiphone video for front door; security alarm
- Enchanting and private rear grounds with urn fountain, synthetic lawn, large spa, beautiful gardens, and BBQ with sink and infrared heaters