Rarely available in the premier neighborhood of Vintage Oaks is this exceptional one-story home with resort-inspired rear yard with pool and spa on more than one-quarter acre. Enchanting architectural details envelop the front of the home framed by English gardens and white roses. Inside, lightly hued hardwood floors unify every room enhancing the overall bright and light ambiance. Formal living and dining rooms give a nod to the home’s traditional appeal along with finishes such as plantation shutters and classic built-ins.
The kitchen and family room combination will certainly be the home’s central gathering space. A cathedral ceiling with skylight towers overhead and expanses of French doors and windows open to the incredible rear grounds. The kitchen’s natural maple cabinetry is topped in granite slab with diagonally set travertine tile backsplashes and includes an island with breakfast/wine bar seating. The family room doubles as a media center with custom cabinetry designed around a large media screen plus surround sound speakers.
There are 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths beginning with one bedroom at the front of the home featuring an en suite bath that offers a dual entrance from the hall for easy access from the public rooms. The master bedroom suite plus two bedrooms and a bath with tub and overhead shower are located in their own wing. The master bedroom is expanded by a separate area ideal for fitness or reading with French doors to the pool and spa. The luxuriously appointed remodeled bathroom is finished in limestone and includes a free-standing tub plus large shower.
A true highlight of the home is the rear grounds – a private oasis with sparkling pool and oversized spa connected by waterfall, plus a second waterfall that further enhances the ambiance. Architectural columns support pergolas defining patio dining space as well as grass and flagstone sitting areas. The entire setting is magical and a wonderful venue for entertaining or quiet relaxation. Adding the finishing touch to this superb property is its premier location with access to Menlo Park schools and minutes-away proximity to downtown Palo Alto or Menlo Park as well as Stanford University.
- Rare one-level home with pool in premier Vintage Oaks neighborhood
- 4 bedrooms and 3 baths
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Classic living room with fireplace plus formal dining room
- Beautifully appointed sky-lit kitchen with maple cabinetry and granite counters
- Wolf gas cooktop, KitchenAid double ovens, compactor, and dishwasher, plus Sub-Zero refrigerator
- Family room – fully open to the kitchen – features fireplace, media center, and French doors to the pool
- Master bedroom suite with fitness area, pool access, and remodeled bath
- Privately located bedroom suite ideal for guests or office
- Laundry room with sink and washer/dryer
- Attached 2-car garage with built-ins; central air conditioning; distributed sound speakers; security alarm
- Resort-like rear yard with pool, elevated spa, waterfalls, and pergola-framed sitting areas
- Approximately 2,859 square feet on a lot of approximately 11,729 square feet
- Excellent Menlo Park schools