This home is picture-perfect with classic and timeless appeal in the heart of Old Palo Alto. Manicured gardens and a brick walkway lead to the impressive front entrance with semicircular portico and window shutters that contrast just slightly with the home’s neutral palette – all adding to the stately elegance of this architectural gem. Feeling more like one of the early heritage homes for which Old Palo Alto is known, this home was built in 1987 and thoughtfully blends into the neighborhood. Nowhere are the early century design attributes more notable than the leaded glass side lights and transoms that surround the front door in an artistic pattern. The foyer boasts an elevator adding complete modern livability to this two-story home, which easily accommodates full handicap accessibility, particularly in the luxuriously appointed primary suite bath.
A formal living room showcases a fireplace stylishly and entirely surrounded in herringbone-patterned Carrara marble. The adjoining formal dining room awaits entertaining, and across the hall a dedicated office is found with French doors opening to the front, plus convenient access to a dual-entry powder room that serves the main level. The kitchen is bright, light, and functional with an island plus ample room for casual dining beside a French door to the rear gardens. Stainless steel appliances include a gas cooktop, while raised vegetable beds await outside for a bountiful harvest. Rounding out the main level of this home is a family room with fireplace and French doors to the rear yard, which offers ample patio space extending from the gated driveway along with low-maintenance gardens and abundant privacy.
Continue upstairs on the newly carpeted sky-lit staircase or via elevator where 4 bedrooms include the spacious primary suite with fireplace, walk-in closet, and luxurious en suite bath with open curbless shower. There is a second bedroom with en suite bath plus two bedrooms with direct access to a shared bath. Adding the finishing touches are a laundry room conveniently located upstairs, plus a detached 2-car garage along with ample off-street parking. This fabulous home is also just 5 blocks to Town & Country Shopping Center, one mile to University Avenue shops and restaurants, and has access to acclaimed Palo Alto schools.
Details of the Home:
- 4 bedrooms, dedicated office, and 3.5 baths
- Approximately 3,570 square feet on approximately 7,500-square-foot lot
- Classic and timeless design with fresh finishes throughout, fine hardwood floors, and new carpet upstairs
- Formal living room with fireplace and French-style windows to the front gardens
- Formal dining room with drum chandelier
- Dedicated office with French doors to the front and direct access to a dual-entry half-bath
- Bright and light eat-in kitchen has tiled counters, including a center island, plus French doors to the rear yard
- Stainless steel appliances include a gas cooktop, 2 ovens, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator
- Family room with fireplace and French doors to the rear yard
- Upstairs primary suite with fireplace, organized walk-in closet, and handicap-accessible en suite bath with curbless open shower and private commode room
- Elevator; fully handicap-accessible primary suite
- Second upstairs bedroom suite with organized closet and freshly updated crisp white bath with tub and overhead shower
- Two bedrooms, each with direct access to a shared bath with tub and overhead shower
- Other features include: half-bath with pedestal sink; upstairs laundry room with Kenmore washer and dryer; detached 2-car garage
- Extra-large rear yard with patio extension from the gated driveway, low-maintenance gardens, and raised vegetable beds
- Outstanding Old Palo Alto location
- Excellent schools: Walter Hays Elementary; Jordan Middle; Palo Alto High