This great home has it all – an expansive remodel with absolute designer style, almost one-third acre of beautifully landscaped grounds, plus an excellent location in sought-after Felton Gables. Verdant lawn, manicured and shaped hedges, plus Japanese maple and a colorful crepe myrtle provide a welcoming introduction to this quintessential home. Hardwood floors unify the entire design, which boasts a flexible floor plan spanning two levels. Just off the designer appointed foyer, with its coffered skylit ceiling, is a spacious, flexible-use room, offering potential as a formal living room, media room, or even a large office with its staircase leading up to the primary bedroom suite. Beyond the foyer, and overlooking the stunning yard is the true central gathering place of the home unfolds with the fully remodeled and expanded tremendous great room flooded with natural light incorporating a stunning kitchen, built-in office/study space, formal dining, and everyday living room. The kitchen is a five-star design with gorgeous Madre Perla quartzite counters, Carrara marble mosaic backsplashes, and high-end stainless steel appliances. An island provides for breakfast bar seating, a wine bar has a built-in cooler, and a built-in desk center is adjoined by an office customized with two workstations.
A private wing on the main level comprises three large bedrooms in addition to the private primary suite. Two bedrooms each with multiple windows and one or two organized closets along with crown moldings and hardwood floors. Serving these two bedrooms is an all-white bath with pedestal sink and tub with overhead shower plus solar tube lighting for natural light. The third bedroom includes an elevated bay window, a walk-in organized closet, and en suite bath with tiled frameless-glass shower. Comprising the upper level of the home is the primary suite with organized walk-in closet, hardwood floors, and en suite bath in tile and travertine with separate vanities, deep tub, glass-enclosed shower, and skylight.
Adding the finishing touch to this great home is its location in the community of Felton Gables, which is known for its get-togethers, Halloweens, and warm, friendly ambiance. Truly a lovely place to call home!
Summary of the Home:
- Extensively remodeled and expanded in sought after Felton Gables
- 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths on two levels
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Beautiful foyer with translucent coffered skylight and sphere chandelier
- Flexible-use room just off the foyer perfect for a formal living room, media room, or large office
- Tremendous fully renovated great room with designer kitchen, formal dining area, high ceilings, multiple banks of windows, and family room all overlooking the huge yard with heritage Oak tree and Pistache tree
- Kitchen offers quartz counters and Carrara marble mosaic backsplashes, including island with seating on 2 sides; wine bar with U-Line cooler; built-in desk plus adjoining office customized with 2 workstations
- Viking gas range, Sharp microwave, Bosch dishwasher, and KitchenAid built-in refrigerator
- Dining area with halo chandelier, French doors to the rear yard, and adjoining living area with linear gas fireplace, built-ins, and surround sound
- Three main-level bedrooms in their own wing include one with en suite bath with shower plus two served by a bath with tub and overhead shower
- Upstairs primary suite with walk-in closet, secondary closet, and en suite bath with separate vanities, deep tub, glass-enclosed shower, and skylight
- Other features: half-bath; large laundry room with LG washer/dryer and sink; sound speakers in some rooms; attached 2-car garage; attic storage inside the home; newly painted outside
- Very private, extra-large and deep rear yard with vast lawn, patio, and perimeter foliage
- Approximately 3,180 square feet on approximately 12,750-square-foot lot
- One mile to downtown Menlo Park and Caltrain
- Excellent Menlo Park schools
A Short History of Felton Gables:
Almost surrounded by Atherton, the quaint neighborhood of Felton Gables is named for the 1890s-era estate once owned by former U.S. Senator Charles Norton Felton. Bordered by the glorious Holbrook Palmer Park and Encinal Avenue, Felton Gables’ homes were built between the 1920s and 1950s. As the lots were sold individually during a wonderful era in home building, the neighborhood’s 115 custom homes today offer an eclectic range of architectural styles. Residents of Felton Gables are part of an association with modest dues and have direct access to Holbrook Palmer Park. There is a fall cocktail party, a general meeting, and a widely attended Fourth of July picnic complete with a children’s parade, barbecue, and other festivities.
The residents of Felton Gables take pride in their homes, neighborhood, streets, and community.