Extensively remodeled, this home combines classic traditional appeal with updated indoor/outdoor livability and designer style. Located on a nonthrough street just one block from Atherton, the home presents picture-perfect curb appeal with its plantation shuttered windows and impressive center portico. Spanning one convenient level, the home begins with a spacious living and dining room combination that includes a gas-log fireplace, large media screen, and built-in cabinetry. Wainscot paneling, crown moldings, and recessed lighting add to the appeal. Beyond, a wonderful kitchen and family room combination unfolds beneath a towering cathedral ceiling and with two sets of double French doors to an inviting arbor-covered deck and large yard. The white kitchen has contrasting granite slab counters and stainless steel appliances, including a Bosch gas cooktop, two KitchenAid ovens and dishwasher, plus an LG refrigerator. Hardwood floors extend throughout the public rooms.
Personal accommodations comprise 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, including a luxurious master suite with organized walk-in closet, French doors to the rear yard, a cathedral ceiling, and en suite limestone bath with dual-sink vanity and shower with extra-large rainspout. New carpet continues into the other two bedrooms, which are served by a tiled bath with tub and overhead shower. Behind the scenes, Nest, Ring, keyless front entry, and air conditioning enhance livability while a detached, fully finished studio is perfect for today’s work-from-home needs. Topping it all off, upscale dining and shopping in downtown Redwood City or Menlo Park are less than 3 miles away and Highway 280 is close at hand for easy access to Silicon Valley or San Francisco tech centers if needed.
Summary of the Home
- Extensively remodeled with an open floor plan
- Desirable non-through street just one block from Atherton
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths plus detached fully finished studio for work-from-home needs
- Refinished oak floors, new carpet, and new interior paint
- Spacious living and dining room combination with wainscot, gas-log fireplace beneath a media screen, and built-in cabinetry
- Remodeled kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances
- Family room, fully open to the kitchen, opens to the deck and rear yard
- Master bedroom has organized walk-in closet, rear yard access, and en suite limestone bath
- Ring, Nest, keyless entry, and air conditioning
- Entertainer’s rear yard with arbor-covered deck, huge lawn, and fruit trees
- Attached 1-car garage with washer/dryer and sink
- Midway between downtown Redwood City and downtown Menlo Park