This home has been transformed into a masterpiece of design inside and out while still blending in seamlessly with the iconic homes for which Old Palo Alto is known. The whole-home renovation and expansion is picture-perfect – from the classic wooden shutters outside that exemplify its symmetry of architectural design to the gleaming walnut floors inside that unify every room over the two levels.
A formal living room gives way to a tremendous open concept with spacious dining area, masterfully designed kitchen, and family room with fully retractable walls of glass opening to a covered loggia with fireplace, media, and barbecue center. This is indoor/outdoor living as it should be! Adding to it all are exquisite countertops, open shelving for a touch of modern élan, and a gas fireplace that enhances the ambiance along with perfectly selected lighting. Rounding out the main level is a guest powder room plus a bedroom, also ideal for an office, with entrance to the loggia and a bathroom with tub and overhead shower.
The upstairs comprises 4 bedrooms beginning with the luxurious master suite with gas fireplace and stunning bath finished in Carrara marble and walls of tile with contemporary geometric style. Floor-toceiling frameless glass and a translucent window maintain the sense of light that permeates the entire home. A sky-lit, walk-in closet with exceptional customization is ready for a wardrobe of significance. Right nearby, and ideal for family members, are three additional bedrooms plus a beautifully appointed bathroom with shower and unique tile selections.
Behind the scenes, Nest products provide for temperature and security, a partial basement offers added storage or potential for a wine cellar, and laundry is conveniently tucked away upstairs. Adding the finishing touch to this remarkable home is its 10-minute walk distance to Caltrain plus shops and restaurants on California Avenue as well as access to acclaimed Palo Alto schools.
Summary of the Home
- Recently completed whole-home renovation inside and out
- Premier Old Palo Alto location
- Pristine curb appeal with absolute symmetry and wooden shutter accents
- 5 bedrooms and 3.5 baths on two levels
- Perfectly selected designer finishes from top to bottom
- Walnut floors throughout
- Formal living room for entertaining
- Spacious dining area with fireplace and open connection to the kitchen and family room
- Striking kitchen features modern open shelving, Calacatta-style quartzite counters, and Dacor suite of stainless steel appliances as well as an icemaker
- Fully retractable glass doors open to the covered loggia with fireplace, media, and barbecue center
- Main-level bedroom, or ideal office, and adjacent bathroom
- Upstairs master suite plus 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
- Nest thermostats, video front doorbell, and surveillance
- Upstairs laundry with stacked Electrolux washer/dryer
- Partial basement for storage or wine cellar potential
- Significant off-street parking
- 10-minute walk to Caltrain and California Avenue shops and restaurants
- Excellent Palo Alto schools