Just completed in coveted Felton Gables, this new contemporary masterpiece is designed by renowned Arcanum Architecture of San Francisco. True to their philosophy, the home blends natural materials with the setting to create a uniquely desirable space. Exteriors in vertical plank Canadian cedar combine with interiors finished with white oak floors, crisp white walls, and sleek millwork with reveals that delineate the baseboards. The entire design is exceptionally bright with walls of glass and La Cantina doors that stack open for a seamless connection to the outdoors. An open-concept floor plan creates wonderful space for living, dining, and the kitchen revolving around a central courtyard.
The kitchen is sleek and modern with vertical grain cabinetry, Calacatta-style quartz counters, and an island with seating on two sides. A feature wall in the great room of hand-applied plaster integrates a linear gas fireplace beneath media wiring, and dazzling lighting selections in brushed gold add au courant designer style. Added amenities include a large project/laundry room and adjacent office nook between the kitchen and oversized one-car garage, which is thoughtfully wired for EV charging. This hub of the home is ready for crafts, hobbies, and study needs with its extensive built-in cabinetry.
There are 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, including a main-level bedroom, also suitable for an office with its wall of custom cabinetry, and an upstairs master suite that is decidedly luxurious with dual walk-in closets and curbless shower. All the bathrooms are uniquely appointed in an array of finishes that add modern panache. The result is inspiring and eminently sophisticated.
Outside, the grounds are equally impressive with landscape architecture by Keith Willig complementing graceful oak trees outlining the front yard and beautiful surrounding perimeter trees. Felton Gables is a neighborhood of 115 homes with eclectic architecture where residents take great pride in a sense of community, all just minutes to downtown Menlo Park and excellent local schools.
Summary of the Home
- Just completed modern home with exceptional design and amazing natural light
- Design by renowned Arcanum Architecture of San Francisco and landscape architecture by Keith Willig
- Coveted Felton Gables neighborhood
- 4 bedrooms and 3 baths on two levels
- Sleek, modern exterior in Canadian cedar around a central courtyard
- Beautiful white oak floors throughout
- Fully open-concept design for living, dining, and kitchen with walls of glass and La Cantina stacking doors to the rear patio and yard
- Feature wall with linear gas fireplace surrounded in hand-applied plaster
- Wolf gas cooktop, oven, and microwave plus Bosch dishwasher and Sub-Zero refrigerator and wine cooler
- Main-level bedroom or ideal office with wall of built-ins
- Upstairs master suite with dual customized walk-in closets and en suite bath with curbless shower
- Office nook and project/laundry room off the kitchen
- Sound speakers inside and out including surround sound in great room; air conditioning; tankless water heater
- Attached 1-car garage wired for EV charging
- Approximately 3,204 total square feet on a lot of approximately 9,078 square feet, included in total is 378 square foot finished garage
- Award-winning Menlo Park schools
- Close to downtown Menlo Park, Highway 101 to Silicon Valley and San Francisco tech centers, and Stanford University
A short history of Felton Gables:
Almost surrounded by Atherton, the quaint neighborhood of Felton Gables is named for the 1890s-era estate once owned by former U.S. Senator Charles Norton Felton. Bordered by the glorious Holbrook Palmer Park and Encinal Avenue, Felton Gables’ homes were built between the 1920s and 1950s. As the lots were sold individually during a wonderful era in home building, the neighborhood’s 115 custom homes today offer an eclectic range of architectural styles. Residents of Felton Gables are part of an association with modest dues and have direct access to Holbrook Palmer Park. There is a fall cocktail party, a general meeting, and a widely attended Fourth of July picnic complete with a children’s parade, barbecue, and other festivities.
The residents of Felton Gables take pride in their homes, neighborhood, streets, and community.