This home combines an enchanting English country ambiance outside with chic sophisticated luxury inside. The result is eminently livable and perfectly blended into this sought-after Midtown neighborhood. A curving brick walkway intersects lush lawn leading to the home’s signature design – an ivy-covered front wall that continues to cascade along the peaked roofline of the portico. Rich hues of grey complement the English style and a vibrant yellow front door with true divided lights introduces the designer panache that lies within.
Pine wood floors begin at the entrance and continue into every room. Vaulted ceilings expand the dimensions, with shiplap paneling and beams, and some with trusses. Across the rear of the home and down the central hallway, floor-to-ceiling glass overlooks the rear gardens and inviting brick terrace. A central living room and adjoining family room each have a fireplace, and the shared room entrance is outlined entirely on both sides with open display/library shelves. The formal dining area is positioned between the family room and kitchen and offers al fresco dining on the front patio as well as two deep closets for added storage. Beautifully appointed with designer appeal, the gourmet kitchen has custom-hued cabinetry topped in Carrara marble, breakfast bar seating, and open shelves on one wall. An array of stainless steel appliances by Wolf and Sub-Zero include a gas range, ample wine storage, and apron sink with commercial-style faucet.
Spanning one convenient level, the surprisingly spacious floor plan has 4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, including a luxurious primary suite that opens to the rear grounds, a second bedroom with en suite bath, and two bedrooms served by a beautifully appointed bath. All bathrooms have designer finishes, and all closets feature custom organizers. Rounding out this property is a detached building, once the home’s garage, with potential for conversion to added living space on this spacious lot of almost one-quarter acre. Behind the scenes, amenities include a new roof, new heating and air conditioning plus a Ring front doorbell, Nest thermostat, and wiring for security and surveillance. Just a short stroll away are cafes, restaurants and shops, and Hoover Park for recreation, plus this home has access to acclaimed Palo Alto schools and proximity to Stanford University.
Details of the Home
4 bedrooms and 3.5 baths
- Approximately 2,820 square feet on almost one-quarter acre (approximately 10,960 square feet)
- Beautifully renovated interiors with pine floors, beamed and paneled vaulted ceilings, and tremendous walls of glass for natural light
- Central living room with cobblestone fireplace
- Display/library shelves outline the entrance in each room connecting the living room and family room
- Family room with adobe fireplace, French door to the rear grounds, and spacious formal dining area with French doors to the front patio
- Open chef’s kitchen has Carrara marble counters, subway-set tile backsplashes, and peninsula with breakfast bar seating
- Wolf range with 6 burners, griddle, and 2 ovens; GE microwave; Whirlpool dishwasher; Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer; Sub-Zero refrigerator and freezer drawers; Sub-Zero full-height wine cooler
- All baths beautifully remodeled with designer selections, and all bedroom closets with custom organizers
- Primary suite opens to the rear yard and has a customized walk-in closet and luxurious en suite bath in Carrara marble with dual-sink vanity and large rainspout shower
- Two bedrooms served by a bath with dual-sink vanity, free-standing tub, and tiled shower plus one bedroom with en suite bath and tiled shower
- Other features include: half-bath with pedestal sink; Ring front doorbell; Nest thermostat; concealed laundry with GE washer/dryer; wired for security and surveillance; dual-zone heating and air conditioning; newer roof
- Extra-large rear yard with brick terrace, lawn, and raised vegetable beds
- Detached building with electricity and potential for conversion to added living space
- Outstanding Midtown location less than one mile to Midtown Shopping Center and 2 miles to Stanford University
- Excellent schools: El Carmelo Elementary; Stanford Middle; Gunn High