Located in the sought-after Barron Park neighborhood this newly updated home is positioned beyond a private paver stone driveway on a rare, more than one-quarter acre parcel. The gated front entrance with a white picket fence opens to a walkway outlined with beds of fragrant lavender. The home is freshly painted in crisp white above natural brick accents that continue along the covered porch with brick garden planters filled. Complementing it all is the robin’s egg blue front door with inset glass panes.
Inside, the interiors are also freshly painted in the perfect neutral palette for a fresh finish that coordinates with many of the home’s original vintage features. Fine hardwood floors span the spacious living and dining room combination while an of-the-era checkerboard pattern in vinyl finishes the galley-style kitchen. Tile countertops and full-height backsplashes accent the freshly painted cabinetry giving the ambiance a retro vibe complete with large breakfast area at one end. Just off the kitchen is a spacious family room with new carpet and focal-point wood-burning fireplace outlined in slate grey painted brick. From the family room, step down to the ideal home office with its private outside entrance of double French doors and en suite half-bath.
In a separate wing with hardwood floors, there are 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The primary suite includes a walk-in closet and an en suite bath with granite-topped vanity plus a tub with overhead shower surrounded in tile. Two bedrooms, each with front garden views, are served by a hallway bath with slate-style tile on the floor and around the tub with overhead shower. Rounding out this property is an attached 2-car garage with sink and laundry hookups plus vast, wraparound low-maintenance grounds. The location is also ideal, close to Stanford University and shops and restaurants on California Avenue, plus access to highly acclaimed Palo Alto schools.
- Classic mid-century ranch home in Barron Park on a large lot set back from the street
- 3 bedrooms, dedicated office, and 2.5 baths
- Approximately 1,723 square feet on one level
- Lot size of approximately 11,687 square feet
- Paver stone driveway leading to the set-back location with white picket fence opening to the front entrance
- Freshly painted inside and out and fine hardwood floors in most rooms
- Spacious living and dining room combination with drum chandelier
- Retro-style kitchen has checkerboard-patterned floor, white cabinetry topped in tile, and a large casual dining area
- Appliances include an electric cooktop, microwave, 2 ovens, dishwasher, and refrigerator
- Newly carpeted family room with fireplace and sliding glass doors to the rear yard
- Home office, just off the family room, has a private outside entrance and en suite half-bath
- Primary bedroom suite features walk-in closet and en suite tiled bath
- Two bedrooms are served by a hallway bath with tub and overhead shower
- Attached 2-car garage with sink and laundry hookups
- Vast, wraparound low-maintenance grounds
- Excellent Palo Alto schools