Absolutely enchanting and ideally located in the Willows neighborhood, this charming bungalow is perfect for today’s lifestyle. With roots dating back to 1927, period reminders of the Spanish style are everywhere – from the red tile roof and graceful architectural arches outside, to the vintage built-in glass-front cabinetry inside. A towering shade tree and low-maintenance front yard introduce the home in this sidewalk-lined neighborhood, while an inviting walkway lined with flowering foliage leads to the front door. Hardwood floors begin at the entrance and continue throughout. A concentric pattern of boards creates a focal point in the formal living room and formal dining room. Each room has a tall coved ceiling with dropped crown moldings, yet another signature of the period, plus expansive windows updated with functional and stylish Hunter Douglas shades. A fireplace anchors the living room, flanked by glass-front cabinetry in a crisp white palette beneath windows.
Double French doors in the living room open to the timeless formal dining room with perfectly selected chandelier and a showcase wall of vintage cabinetry with glass fronts, mirrored backsplash, and serving counter. A French door opens to a side patio for al fresco enjoyment. Serving it all is the beautifully remodeled kitchen with white cabinetry and contrasting soapstone counters complemented by subway-set white tile backsplashes. Appliances are high-end, highlighted by a Thermador gas range and Sub-Zero wine cooler, plus convenient laundry is located at one end. At the opposite end, casual dining unfolds with a cushioned banquette beneath a window and a matching one in the family room area. Double French doors open to the spacious rear deck carefully built with a seating bench around a majestic oak and landscape lighting.
There are 3 bedrooms and 2 updated baths in the home. The primary bedroom suite is privately located off the kitchen with tranquil views of the rear gardens. The en suite all-white bath has a pedestal sink, hex tile floor, and tub with overhead shower surrounded in tile. Two bedrooms at the front of the home each have dropped crown moldings and ample closet space. Serving the bedrooms as well as the main living areas is a hallway bath with hex tile floor, vanity topped in Carrara marble, and tub with overhead shower surrounded in subway-set tile. Adding to the accommodations is a newly constructed studio designed for today’s work-from-home needs. Enter through a French door and matching window to a fully finished room with hardwood floors, heating and vaulted ceiling with transom windows.
Rounding out the home is a two-car garage with built-ins, automated opaque glass door, and EV charging on the paver stone gated driveway. Minutes to both downtown Palo Alto and Menlo Park, this home also benefits from excellent Menlo Park schools.
- Enchanting Spanish bungalow in the desirable Willows neighborhood
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths plus detached office studio
- Approximately 1,642 square feet on a lot of 7,000 square feet
- Beautiful hardwood floors, some laid in a concentric pattern
- Freshly painted in some rooms
- Formal living room with fireplace flanked by glass-front cabinetry
- Formal dining room features a vintage glass-front china cabinet with serving counter and French doors to a side patio
- Remodeled kitchen has white cabinetry and contrasting soapstone counters with subway-set white tile backsplashes
- Thermador gas range, Bosch dishwasher, GE refrigerator, Sub-Zero wine cooler, and Bosch washer and dryer
- Breakfast/family room area with banquette seating and French doors to the rear yard
- Primary bedroom suite with updated en suite bath with tub and overhead shower
- Two front bedrooms are served by an updated hallway bath with tub and overhead shower
- Hardwired speakers in den, primary bedroom, outside patio and studio.
- Newly constructed office studio has hardwood floors, French door entry, heat and sound speakers-without benefit of permit
- Two-car garage with built-ins; EV charging on the gated pavers stone driveway
- Spacious deck, built-in seating around majestic oak and beautiful landscape lighting
- Willows neighborhood close to downtown Palo Alto and Menlo Park
- Excellent Menlo Park schools