This picture-perfect home is located in the Sunnybrae neighborhood midway between vibrant downtown San Mateo and all the new amenities being built and coming soon around Snowflake’s new headquarters – all with easy walkability. Introducing the home is a newly designed front yard with architectural fencing, classic window shutters, a covered porch, a one-car garage, and an expanded driveway for additional off-street parking. Inside the home, the living room and formal dining area are finished with fine hardwood floors and the added touch of crown moldings, found in most of the home’s rooms. A fireplace enhances the living room, while a towering, vaulted skylight and wainscot paneling highlight the dining area, along with a French door opening to the rear yard. The kitchen is updated with a warm palette of fine wood cabinetry and slate tile floors complemented by neutral Corian countertops and stainless steel appliances. There is also a large family room with tall cathedral ceiling and track lighting, expansive windows and angled transom, plus sliding glass doors to the rear yard.
A short flight of stairs in the kitchen leads up to the home’s third bedroom, a converted loft attic space with abundant natural light, wood floors, lots of closets, and a lighted ceiling fan. With its privacy, this room is also ideal for today’s work-from-home needs. There are two additional spacious bedrooms and two baths in a private wing off the living room. The front bedroom has a lighted fan and customized walk-in closet and is served by an updated hall bath with tile floor, pedestal sink, glass-enclosed tub with overhead shower, and beadboard wainscot. The rear bedroom is the home’s primary suite with ceiling light, two customized closets, one with mirrored doors, and an en suite bath with slate tile floor, glass-enclosed shower, Carrara marble-topped vanity, and beadboard walls.
Outdoor living awaits in the enchanting and very private rear yard with built-in barbecue center with counter seating, expansive slate tile decking, as well as a large yard for play. Plus, Sunnybrae Park playground is just blocks away and all the recreational amenities of Central Park are just one-half mile away.
Details of the Property
- 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
- Approximately 1,463 square feet on a lot of 4,500 square feet
- Inviting fenced front yard and covered porch on a picturesque street in the Sunnybrae neighborhood
- Beautiful hardwood floors in the living/dining room plus crown moldings in most rooms
- Spacious living room with fireplace
- Formal dining room features a vaulted skylight, wainscot paneling, and French door to the rear yard
- Large family room with towering ceilings and extensive glass for natural light, including sliding doors to the rear yard
- Updated kitchen has Corian countertops, slate tile floors, and stainless steel appliances including a Dacor gas range, LG microwave and refrigerator, and Kenmore dishwasher
- Stairs off the kitchen lead up to the third bedroom or ideal office with abundant closet space and plenty of natural light
- Front bedroom has a lighted fan and walk-in customized closet
- Updated hallway bath with pedestal sink and glass-enclosed tub with overhead shower
- Primary bedroom suite has a center light, two customized closets, one with mirrored doors, and remodeled en suite bath with large shower
- Separate laundry room with LG washer/dryer, sink, and outside entrance
- Attached 1-car garage
- Very private rear yard with large patio space, built-in barbecue center with counter seating, lawn, and fruit trees
- Excellent Sunnybrae location one-half mile to the new Snowflake headquarters and to downtown San Mateo for shopping and restaurants
- San Mateo schools, including acclaimed Aragon High School