This enchanting home, with roots dating back to 1930, exudes classic and timeless appeal with numerous updates and designer style built right in. While ready to move in and enjoy today, this property also offers an excellent opportunity to renovate, expand, or even build new. The extra-deep lot of approximately one-third acre is wonderfully private, and the close-in location puts the new Atherton library and Holbrook-Palmer Park just blocks away.
A tiled and covered front porch, typical of the home’s by-gone era, defines the welcoming entrance. Inside, beautiful hardwood floors, many with inlaid feature strips, are complemented by freshly painted interiors, crown moldings, and exposed-beam ceilings. The entire home is bright and light with expansive updated windows filling the spaces with brilliant sunshine. A fireplace in the spacious living room enhances the ambiance and a bay window expands the dimensions.
The fully remodeled kitchen and formal dining room have been opened into one connecting space that is truly the heart of the home. Gorgeous Carrara marble counters with full-height backsplashes include a peninsula counter with breakfast bar seating. All stainless steel appliances are high-end with a Bertazzoni gas range, Bosch dishwasher, Fisher & Paykel refrigerator, and even a wine cooler. Just off the kitchen is an ample space for today’s office needs, plus convenient laundry with a stacked Whirlpool washer and dryer.
Personal accommodations include 2 spacious bedrooms, one with direct access to the home’s bathroom finished in hex tiles around the tub and overhead shower and a furniture-quality vanity. A carpeted basement provides flexible-use space while added living quarters are found outside adjoining the detached 2-car garage with a well-appointed studio offering a kitchenette with sink and refrigerator, plus a bathroom with tiled shower. Behind the scenes and adding modern functionality is a Nest thermostat, central air conditioning, tankless hot water, and a security system. All around, low maintenance grounds include vast patio space in a fully fenced and gated setting perfect for play, a tucked-away sport court area, flourishing front yard, plus roses and raised vegetable beds. Adding the finishing touch is the home’s access to excellent Menlo Park schools.
Summary of home:
- Classic and timeless circa 1930 with beautifully updated interiors
- Freshly painted interiors and hardwood floors throughout
- Spacious living room with fireplace and bay window
- Fabulously remodeled and open kitchen and formal dining room combination
- Carrara marble counters with inviting breakfast bar seating
- High-end stainless steel appliances with Bertazzoni gas range
- Office/laundry room includes washer and dryer plus outside entrance
- 2 large bedrooms, one with direct access to a bath with tub and overhead shower
- Carpeted basement for flexible use
- Detached well-appointed studio has a kitchenette and bath with shower
- Detached 2-car garage
- Central air conditioning, Nest thermostat, security alarm, tankless hot water
- Extra-deep, fully fenced rear yard with vast patio space, sport court area, raised vegetable beds, and roses
- Just blocks to the new Atherton library and Holbrook-Palmer Park
- Excellent Menlo Park schools