Opportunity abounds at this charming bungalow in Allied Arts – one of Menlo Park’s most sought-after neighborhoods. Classic timeless appeal is found inside and out with exterior brick accents plus hardwood floors and plantation shutters in every room. Fresh paint and crown moldings add to the appeal and make this home ready to move in and enjoy today or plan for a future remodel or potential new construction.
The home begins with a large living room with front picture window and wood-burning fireplace. A formal dining room opens beyond and has French doors to a large deck for outdoor living. Continue on to the updated kitchen, which is well-appointed with oak cabinetry topped in granite slab with full-height backsplashes and ebony appliances that include a gas cooktop. A skylight brightens the space along with a bay window above the sink plus there is ample room for a breakfast table.
The home’s 3 bedrooms are located at the rear of the home, each with ceiling light, plantation shutters, and mirrored closet doors in one. Serving the home is a classic vintage tiled bath with wainscot, long vanity, tub, and separate glass-enclosed shower. The laundry area is found in the attached 2-car garage as well as a ¼-bath.
An extra-deep rear yard offers absolute privacy with an expansive deck, brick patio, plus a large yard. Just blocks to Stanford Shopping Center and less than one mile to downtown Menlo Park, this home is perfectly located for every convenience and also has access to excellent Menlo Park schools.
Summary of home:
- Charming original Allied Arts bungalow
- Outstanding opportunity to renovate, expand, or possibly build new
- 3 bedrooms and 1 bath with tub and separate shower
- Hardwood floors and plantation shutters throughout
- Living room with wood-burning fireplace
- Formal dining room opens to the deck
- Updated sky-lit kitchen with granite counters
- Dacor gas cooktop, KitchenAid microwave and oven, Miele dishwasher, and Kenmore refrigerator
- Attached 2-car garage with washer and dryer and ¼-bath
- Extra-large, absolutely private rear yard with expansive deck, patio, and separately fenced low-maintenance rear yard
- Approximately 1,360 square feet on a lot of approximately 8,400 square feet
- Sought-after Allied Arts neighborhood minutes to downtown Menlo Park and Stanford Shopping Center
- Excellent Menlo Park schools